Thursday 5 September 2013

if you can dream it... you can do it



Hey All

I know that I did not do a post for August, so since I am stuck inside due to the extreme thunder storm (as always) I thought this would be a good time to sit down and write my post for August.


A lot happened in August but one really import thing happened... My mom and best friend Chelsey came, of course.

I was super lucky and so happy that I had every day off while they were here. It was amazing to see them because lately I had been so homesick.

They arrived on Monday August 19th and I went with Zac to meet them and check into the hotel. We stayed at All Star Music and were placed in the Country Fair bulding, which was way at the back of the resort and was fine for me since I am used to walking everywhere. It was amazing to have my mom and best friend to share this amazing place with.

I am not sure if I mentioned this before but it was Chelsey's first visit to Disney and my mom was celebrating a very important birthday (which I will keep a secret). My mom could not have picked a better place to celebrate her birthday. She had everyone wishing her happy birthday including a diver at the seas in Epcot and a harmonica playing cast member at our resort. It was so cool to see what it is like for the guest since I am normally on the other side of the magic. One of the things my mom and I had planned before she came down was a character lunch at Crystal Palace on the 21st (her birthday). The cool thing about Crystal Palace is that you get to meet Winnie the Pooh and some of his wonderful friends. It was a cool surprise for Chelsey because we kept it a secret till we got there. Chelsey is also a huge fan of Winnie the Pooh.

They were here for 6 full days and we did all four parks including Downtown Disney which was one of our favourite places (shopping and Earl of Sandwich). My mom and Chelsey got to meet a lot friends in the UK pavillion and quite a few in Canada which was really nice.

Chelsey had a very emotional moment during one of the parades which made me think about all of the children and families who come into the store wearing their first visit buttons. It helped me out a lot because I had forgotten about the magic of seeing Disney for the first time and being with her helped me to connect with first time visitors better.

We went on a lot of the major rides and enjoyed so many of the amazing shows. I missed them when they had to leave but it was the best thing ever having them here and I was thrilled that Chelsey got to experience the magic that she thought she would never get to see.


Unfortunately, I did receive quite a bit of sad news from home as well last month.

When my mom was down visiting we received news that my great aunt had passed away. I was very sad to hear this because she was an amazing woman who was always willing to hear one of my crazy stories I would tell as a little girl. It did not matter how the story ended or even if it had an end, she would always listen. She will be missed so very much by my whole family.

A week later I also found that my cat had passed away. Although I did not always get along with my cat since I am more a people person, she was part of my family and it will not be the same without her when I return home.


Sorry it took so long to write this post!

For more magic ... stay posted

No comments:

Post a Comment