Saturday 15 June 2013

Ohana means family... and family means nobody gets left behind

Hi All

So I have been here for two months already which is soooo crazy. My feet are starting to really hurt but I am still enjoying every minute I am here.

This month started out on a lower note for me with people leaving and working some longer hours however after my two recent days off I am starting to feel so much better.

On Monday this week I went to Animal Kingdom with Zac and saw the Festival of The Lion King (one of my favorite shows) as well as  it's tough to be a bug. Zac and I had never seen Finding Nemo the Musical so we went to see it and I absolutely love it. I will definitely be seeing it a lot more times. We had snagged fast passes for Everest however it rained so we decided to just head to Grand Floridian to check it out. We had reservations at Ohana's so we walked over to Polynesian from Grand Floridian and I took a picture of the Wedding Pavilion which is beautiful. We got to the Polynesian  a little early so we checked out the pool and I changed into my dress that I had bought at AK. The food and setting at Ohana's is amazing and I loved it! After dinner we went and watched Wishes from the Polynesian beach which was a great way to end off the day.


On Tuesday I got to sleep in which was super cool. Later I met up with Kailei at Epcot where she bought Katie's Birthday present. Once we where done buying Katie's present in the UK we headed over to Canada where I bought Ketchup chips (of course). It is crazy how much you want something when it is no longer around all the time because back home I never really liked Ketchup chips but here I was so excited to eat them. After visiting our friends at Canada we went to Hollywood Studios to meet up with Cam who was also off. We went and ate at Pizza Planet because we were super hungry. After we ate we went to the Muppets show. It was raining like it always does on my day off (and every day ) so we went to Saratoga Springs and caught the bus to DTD and went to the AMC to watch EPIC. I liked the movie however Cam and Kailei seemed not to. On a side note I ate a white chocolate strawberry and a peanut caramel candy apple.

The picture on the left is one I found on Google but the one on the right is the one I took of my strawberry
On Wed I got up early to work at 10:45 until 9:30. For anyone keeping count that is a 10 hour shift. We had four people working that day so it was very long. It was also Matt's (Canadian merchie) last day. I got through the day but it was long and sad.

Thursday was a good day and so was Friday. On Friday I got off at 5 and so did Zac so we stayed at Epcot and ate around world showcase as well as shopped a little. We stopped at Test Track which was closed but we did go and check out all the cars. I watched Illuminations and then we met up with the Canadians just getting off work and we all went to the Yacht and Beach club to catch the bus to  DTD so we could go to the AMC and watch Man of Steel. It was my second movie in a week which made me think about my theater family back home.

Tomorrow I work but I am off Mon and Tues so I should have another new post soon.

Tomorrow is also fathers day so I want to send out a Happy Fathers Day to my Dad and my Papa.

For more magic ... stay posted

No comments:

Post a Comment