Monday 3 June 2013

Spring Showers Bring... My Family


Hi All

Since I have not posted in a while this one may be a bit too long so for that I apologize.

May was an awesome month for me because I had my aunt, uncle, cousin, sister(s) and friends visit me. I had so much fun with all of them that I am taking today off from some fun (until games of course) so I can clean my room and do my laundry which I have not had time for.

This past month has been very emotional for me so I will start my post off with the sad part of my month. As I have said in my blog before one of my not so favourite things to do here is say goodbye. Unfortunately  we had to say goodbye to a really awesome Canadian and fellow merchie Jodey. Jodey is going to be super missed and although I did not get a whole lot of time with her I know I have an awesome new friend. At Jodey's throw out which is our way of getting free stuff and sending our friends off in awesome Canada fashion she had to pass down a few awards and of course I am now the proud owner of the short merchie award :). On Jodey's last day I went to work in the pouring rain (it rains every day) and watched Jodey be recognized for her awesomeness. After that I had a little time until work so Katie, Shelby and I went to Morocco for lunch (it was amazing). After Shelby and Katie went to work I went and colored at Canada Kidcot where I saw Robyn (Canada Attraction) who is another awesome friend. I made a very cute Duffy and then headed to get dressed for work. I was lucky because I got to see Jodey do her handprint just before I went to work. Shelby and I had to work till 9:30 so we missed Jodey's last wishes (since wishes is at 10) however we raced over to MK in time to ride Jodey's fav ride Haunted Mansion. There was like 16 of us in the group so it was crazy. Zac gave Jodey, Allison, Janice (f&b) and I a ride home so I got to say goodbye to Jodey at home instead of in front of the park.

On a happier note my sister Lauren and honorary sister Abby along with Abby's awesome family came to Disney at the end of the month. It was so much fun hanging out with them on my days off. We went to Hollywood on the Monday and Epcot on the Tuesday. When I saw them on Monday I gave them all such big hugs. I loved going to all of my favourite rides and shows with them. Lauren and Abby were chosen as the key holders at the Jack Sparrow thing which was really cool. I also got to go on the Toy Story ride for the first time. I said goodbye to them and headed to Jodey's last games :(. On Tuesday I met up with them at Epcot and we went on Sorin' which I had not been on yet this year. I also watched Illuminations as a guest which was very different. Afterwards I went back to their hotel with them. They were staying at Art of Animation which is amazing.

Wednesday did have a sad note however when I had to say a tearful goodbye to my sister.

I have made reservations for my family to come in December and my mom and best friend Chelsey to come in August so I am keeping that in mind which helps not being so sad. My aunt and granny are also going to visit in the fall so I will have a lot of family around.

On another note I have not let work keep me from having fun since I went to the movies with Leah (Canada Attractions) Robyn and Alex to see Now you See Me and went to Applebees last night with a group of my friends.

We are receiving at least 10 new Canadians including our two new merchies Julie and Erica tomorrow so I better get myself ready for Thursday's throw in.

For more magic ... stay posted 

No comments:

Post a Comment