Saturday 27 April 2013

Hi ho.... It's off to work I go

This Post is Going to be about my first two weeks as a Canadian Merchie.

First off I have now earned my ears. YAY.

I have gone through most of my training already which is good.

Kailie, Mary and I started training about a week ago. My trainer was Shelby (who is amazing) and Kailie and Mary had Zach as their trainer however there were two days where all five of us were training together. It was so much fun to train with both trainers.

I had my assessment on Tuesday April 23rd and of course with an awesome trainer like Shelby I passed. Later that day I was on my own which was a little nerve racking but it all turned out just fine.

One of the things that I am very quickly learning is that it is so easy to have instant friends because everyone here is so nice. I have also learned that sometimes you have very little time to get to know some people since everyone arrives at different times. On Wednesday which was my first day without any training was also one of Canada's merchie Sam's last day. I went down to cart to see her kind of send off that the managers do. It made me a little sad because she seemed so nice and she would have  probably been a very great friend.
Sam's Last day merchies from left to right. (Daniel, Zach, Ivy, Mary, Jodey, Sam, Shelby, Allison)

Since that I have done all posts and have started to enjoy engraver (I did not at first.)


I have a also done a EMH (Extra Magic Hours) shift with Kailie which had it's moments but went pretty smoothly.


I thought that in this post I would let you know a little bit about each position at merch.


Post 1: At post one you are at the front of the store manning it's register
Post 2: At post two you are at the back register and sometimes  do extra tasks if needed
Cart: At cart you are outside at the cart manning the register
Engraver: At engraver you are at the cart manning the engraver
Tasking: Tasking is little tasks that are often 15mins long.

Me and my roommate Ayaka
Also check out my friend and fellow Canada Merch Allison's blog http://allisonsdisneyadventure.wordpress.com/


For more magic ... stay posted

No comments:

Post a Comment